ModSecurity Breach

ModSecurity Blog

Main | URL decoding bug fixed ยป

Porting mod_security to Windows

With module functioning well on Unix-based platforms I decided to start with the Windows port. The job was straightforward (I only tried with the Apache 1.x version): after creating the makefile and getting all the switches right I was rewarded with a file mod_security.dll.

That's when the trouble started - I couldn't open (from the module) any files or write to them. After spending a lot of time debuggung, I found that there seems to exist a problem with ap_popenf (portable Apache function that opens files) - it returns invalid file handles. After replacing the call to ap_popenf with a call to open, everything worked just fine. This is probably something specific to the version of Windows I have (Windows Me) otherwise other people would have reported it by now (I've found only one such report using Google, with no answer).

So, with the exception of the ap_popenf problem, the module seems to work quite well on Windows, passing all regression tests. The code is in the CVS if you want to give it a try.

I cannot compile it on windows ... please put a binary version for the download or some explanation about the compilation process.
Thanks

No, it doesn't work on Windows at the moment, but the next version, v1.6, will. And it is almost finished, I will have it ready in a couple of days.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Calendar

November 2010
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Feeds

Atom Feed

Search

Categories

Recent Entries

Archives